2 hours, 37 minutes: Running the London Marathon

by Lewis Chalk


 


I am proud to say I completed the London Marathon yesterday. I took the gamble this year in attempting to run 2 hours 30 and, based on previous races, I felt in great shape to achieve this.


However, the heat and the early pace I set really affected me! I completed the race in 2 hours 37, finishing in a lot of pain. I suffered dehydration, visited St Johns (twice) and my feet were so painful from the tenth mile onwards – the sensation was like I had razor blades in my shoes which contributed to my slowing pace from miles 20 – 26.
 
And yes, it was definitely worth it! I came 109th out of 36,000 runners and, best of all, we raised over £2,000 for SUDEP! Of course, it is not too late to sponsor.


 
Just click here26 Miles 4 Rebecca

Comments