Five Inspirational Quotations


5. ‘Everything will be OK in the end. If it’s not OK, it’s not the end.’

This quotation made number five for me because I think it helps us to regain hope when we think it is all over. Hope and determination are stronger than we think.


4.      ‘Never regret anything that made you happy’

I think we are all guilty of this, in one way or another. Something may have made you happy for months, years but then that excitement could perhaps deflate over time. This is typical of relationships; if something once gave you contentment, where is the harm?


3.      ‘I love food and hate exercise. I don’t have time to work out... I don’t want to be on the cover of Vogue or Playboy. I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. I’m not a trend setter... I’m a singer. I’d rather weigh a ton and create an amazing album than look like Nicole Riche and do a shit album. My aim in life is never to be skinny.’ -  Adele

The meaning of this quotation is really: do what you think's best, not others. Adele doesn't take the role of the stereotypical pop star, she doesn't try to make an impression by changing her image like Lady Gaga or Miley Cyrus- she does the job and moves on.

2.      ‘Dance as if nobody's watching, sing as if nobody's listening and live every day as if it were your last.’

This is an important motto for me, purely because I think most of us take life for granted. The fact is you can’t predict the future and you can’t depend on tomorrow, so enjoy every minute while it lasts.


1.       ‘When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them I didn’t understand life.’ John Lennon

For me this is the top quote, mainly because we all have to make decisions in our lives yet not many of us base them on what will make us happy.

Comments