Time for Tea!

by Julia Alsop




My favourite season is Autumn. Hands down. Better weather (I cannot stand the heat), warm clothes, crispy leaves, and yummy foods. So I thought there’d be no better way to kick-start the autumn than to write a blog post on one of its most important aspects– the good old cup of tea. 

There is nothing like the perfect mug of tea to soothe the back-to-school stresses, and so here are a few of my favourite, more unusual types that you may want to check out.

1)     Gingerbread tea. Now this really is a thing and is basically a cup of nostalgia of all the autumns and Christmases past. My preferred one is a loose-leaf tea from cake shop in London, Peggy Porschen Cakes, and it goes particularly well with cake. Twinings offers a good one, blended with green tea too, which is, obviously, slightly easier to get your hands on.

2)     Pumpkin tea. This one is definitely the most autumnal choice of the three. Twinings Pumpkin chai tea tends to be my go-to, and you will probably love it (unless you hate pumpkin).

3)     A good Christmas spiced blend. I don’t mean to be getting ahead of myself, since it’s only September, but I feel part of the joy of Autumn is that it inspires thoughts of the coming festive time, and tea is a good way to start. My preferred one is the Harrods Christmas Spiced Green tea, another loose-leaf choice. Word of warning, though – don’t leave this brewing for too long or it’ll end up tasting more like pot pourri.


If you’re a keen tea drinker then have a try – and if you have any recommendations then please let me know!

Comments