These festive treats make the perfect gift as stocking fillers, or even as Christmas decorations to hang on your tree!
Chocolate Cranberry Brownies
- 150g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 150g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 50g dried cranberries
- 60g cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and butter over a pan or in the microwave.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, flour and cocoa powder and then stir in the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Stir in the eggs and add the dried cranberries, then swirl in the cranberry sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Hanging Gingerbread Tree Decoration
- 175g dark muscovado sugar
- 85g golden sugar
- 100g butter
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg
For the icing:
- 100g white chocolate
- Edible silver balls
- Heat the sugar, golden syrup and butter until melted. In a separate bowl, combine the spices and flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the melted sugar mix as well as the eggs.
- Cover the mixture and allow to cool, and then place in the fridge for roughly an hour and then heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and using Christmas cutters, cut into various shapes remembering to create a hole in the top large enough to loop some string through.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or over a pan and drizzle or pipe onto the biscuits and then sprinkle with the silver balls.